Your part in Neste journey
In this position, you will be responsible for representing Neste's views on renewable polymers and chemicals to the German and European institutions. You will devise and implement advocacy strategies and build alliances with a focus on Germany to advance the up-take of recycled and renewable plastics and chemicals through legislation. You will work closely with Neste's business teams, R&D and Sustainability as well as external allies to enable success of renewable and circular solutions of Neste.
We offer you
- A chance to make a real impact by working for the 3rd most sustainable company in the world (Global100 ranking 2019)
- Enable the market for innovative, low carbon and waste-plastic solutions
- A great team of colleagues in our global Public Affairs team & full support of the Neste organisation
Keys to success in this role
Experience in plastics, waste management or chemicals business will be valuable. Understanding of political and regulatory systems and experience in working with regulatory or public affairs at national or/and European level is a plus. Knowledge of European waste and chemical legislation is an asset. While English is the corporate working language, proficiency in European languages will be valued, especially German. Success in this job will require international travel.
A successful candidate
- Is a results-oriented and energetic self-starter who combines mastery of complex regulatory and technical questions with ability to communicate about them to political and regulatory audiences.
- Has great team-working skills in order to garner the cooperation and support from Neste colleagues across the corporation.
- Has the resilience, flexibility and ability to manage a broad set of advocacy goals and processes in multiple countries.
- Has at least eight years of relevant working experience and a relevant master's level academic degree, e.g. in environmental sciences, chemistry, engineering, law, economics or political science.
Our success is based on our people who are the driving force behind Neste’s transformation to become a global leader in renewable and circular solutions. The passion that we have for creating a healthier planet for our children is what makes us unique. We believe everyone is a leader and share a natural desire for collaboration. Our three values “We care, We have courage and We cooperate” are embedded in our everyday work. Working safely and responsibly at all times is essential to all of us.
If this resonates with you, we look forward to receiving your application.
Join us in creating a healthier planet for our children
Please submit your application with cover letter and CV by 29 August, 2021 via our online application portal.
The recruitment process includes interviews and aptitude testing. A security clearance is obtained for the persons with their consent.
Our success begins with you.
Every company needs a purpose, and Neste has a strong one: to create a healthier planet for our children. We are 4,800 dedicated professionals committed to that purpose. Everything that we do, down to the smallest detail, shows our clear commitment to tackling the challenges of climate change. As an employer, understanding and valuing wellbeing is vital for our success. At the same time, we encourage every individual at Neste to contribute towards creating a positive impact on the environment as well as on the people, communities and societies around us.
Neste’s strategy is called ‘’Faster, Bolder and Together’. It reflects the understanding that there is no time to lose in combating climate change or helping to tackle the waste plastic challenge. In order to succeed, we need to act, innovate new solutions and deliver them faster and bolder than ever before – together.
As innovation is in our DNA, we are empowered to develop pioneering solutions to make businesses more sustainable. In 2021, Neste placed 4th on the Global 100 list of the most sustainable companies in the world.
For more information, please visit neste.com.